9.21.2009

God Works In Weird Ways.

So, I didn't think I was getting another tattoo until at least Cornerstone, if not after but tonight I went with Misty and Audrey to get Audrey's tattoo covered up. Well, at all the shops they wanted to go to, none of the artists they wanted to get inked by were working, so I mentioned Elm Street Tattoo since I know some people from DBC get work done there. We head out, and while Audrey's talking to the guy Misty offers to buy me a simple tattoo for like 50 bucks. I was like, "Well, heck yes, I'll take a blessing." Haha. I've been wanting a tiny anchor on my neck for a while. Well I took the idea to Bobby at Elm Street, and he refused to tattoo my neck since I'm so young, and I don't have many tats. I respected that, and after talking to him about how I was living for the Lord and the like, we decided to move it to my wrist. I was telling him about how I loved the traditional look, and he agreed, saying it's "a timeless look that never gets old". I told him to have fun with it and put his own spin on the anchor, because in all honesty I love it when artists add their flare to my tattoo's, as long as they stay to the basic idea and principle. He asked how big I wanted it, and I told him he could make it big if he wanted but I didn't want to go over the 60-70 dollar limit he told me it would cost to begin with. He went into the back to work on it, and after 15 minutes he comes back out. I'm expecting a 4 inch little anchor for my wrist and he busts out this EPIC piece.

Before I continue with a description, let me pause and bring to light how the Lord wrecked me through a unexpected tattoo.

Lately, I've been in the worst mood ever because I feel like everything is crumbling around me, and anything that could go wrong HAS gone wrong in the past week. I was in this place of loosing heart, and feeling like I was getting hit by the enemy from every possible angle. I had no idea what to do.

Anyway, he brings out this amazing, beautiful piece and I almost cried because the minute I saw it I got smacked in the face with revelation from God. The tattoo had an anchor in the background with a shield with a cross on it in the foreground. The Lord was like, "Yeah, you are getting hit from every angle, but that's why I gave you the SHIELD OF FAITH when you became a Christian. Now lift that thing up and hold on to the Hope of your salvation; THE ANCHOR OF MAN."

I was like, "NO WAY GOD! You're speaking to me through tattoo's."

So, I have this amazing forearm piece, that will forever remind me of this pivotal moment in my life in which God branded me to FIGHT, and not lose heart.

So, seriously, the next time someone tells me God hates tattoo's, what a story I'll have for them, eh?

He is good, and He reveals Himself in STRANGE ways. If we would haven't gone to Elm Street this wouldn't have happened and I'd still be massively downcast. Not to mention if Misty wouldn't have been amazing and spent 70 bucks on my tattoo, I would still be utterly downcast.

God works things out, and no matter what I feel, I won't give up on this beautiful Man who touches me and woo's me in ways the world would call, "strange".

=]
-Katie

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?